Guidelines for Admission
Eligibility and Educational Qualification
Eligibility for B.Ed.
- Pass in degree examination – UG/PG/BE with minimum of 50% marks
- Pass mark is enough for SC/ST candidates
Eligibility for M.Ed.
Pass in B.Ed degree examination with minimum of 55% marks
The B.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes are offered on full time basis for both men and women graduates and postgraduates. B.Ed. is for two years and M.Ed is for two years.
Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science, History and Computer Science
Medium of Instruction
Tamil / English
More Details Regarding Eligibility
- (a) Candidates with at least 50% of marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanities are eligible. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are also eligible for admission to B.Ed Degree Programme. (b) The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3(15) pattern of study and passed the qualifying examination conducted by the respective State Board of C.B.S.E. or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and U.G. Degree Examination of the U.G.C. recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Education level. (c) The three year Diploma in Engineering shall be treated as equivalent to +2 courses for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
- Candidates, who have passed the U.G or P.G Degree under Open University System without 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have taken more than one major subject in Part III & Part IV (under Double/ Triple Major System) of U.G. Degree course should have to choose only one of the major subjects and should have applied for that Major subject only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in two/ three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive, at the percentage of marks as stipulated in item (ix) herein.
- Candidates, who have passed any degree under Additional Degree Programme or lateral entry mode with less than three years of duration are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have passed under four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under Part III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have qualified in the P.G.Degree in the subjects for the Codes 11 to 19 securing less than 50% of marks are not eligible for admission, subject to the condition that the major subject in the U.G and P.G Degree shall be one and the same.
- Candidates, who have qualified in the P.G. Degree (5 years integrated programme) under 10+2+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years in Part III and Part IV alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed, Degree programme for subject codes 01 to 10. The marks obtained by the candidates in the last two years (4th & 5th year) alone shall be taken into account for admission to B.Ed degree programme for subject codes 11 to 19.
John De Britto College of Education is one among many institutions of “The Diocese of Tanjore Society” the diocese of Tanjore (Thanjavur) was bifurcated from the Arch diocese of Chennai- Mylapore on 23rd November 1952, and was erected as a new diocese.